Sunday, February 29, 2004

Burda Plus Spring 2004 pegged
straight skirt for knit fabrics
Burda Plus Spring 2003 pants
in stretch fabric
KS 2565 Kwik Sew 3055 New Look 6959 OOP Burda 8841 OOP?
I spent the weekend cutting out 3 yards of a blue and brown print 100% polyester knit with one fuzzy surface (right side) and a smooth, almost buttery, surface. I managed to cut out
  1. BurdaPlus pegged skirt: I added a seam allowance of 1.5 inches. That gives me an extra 5 inches to play with. The pattern pieces pinfit okay; I seemed to need only 1/4 inch extra for the front, but the patternease tracing paper is stiff, and the knit fabric I'm using is very soft. My hunch is that without extra ease, the fabric will mold itself to every lump and bump.
  2. KS 2565 t-shirt: I lowered the dart 1/2 inch before cutting. Tweak it here; tweak it there; will it ever fit perfectly?
  3. KS 3055 long sleeved t-shirt: DD wore the other one I made last week, and the sleeves were long, so I shortened them about 1/2 inch.
  4. NL 6959 skirt: I had to trace the pattern, first. I was hoping to get 2 skirts for her out of the last 14 inches, but she's getting bigger, and I could only cut one.
  5. Burda 8841 - 2 t-shirts and 1 pair of shorts: It seems all doll clothes patterns are printed single size. I thought it was something Sewing For Dummies did to make things easier. I didn't trace the patterns, since they are single size, and I'm not going to alter them. I tried to get 1 t-shirt, 1 pair of shorts, and 1 dress out of the scraps, but I didn't have enough for the skirt. The bodice for the dress uses the same front as the t-shirt only shorter, so the babies will have one regular t-shirt and one cropped t-shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home