Monday, June 14, 2004

Whirlwind weekend

I decided not to use the silk organza. One of my sewing buddies suggested fleshtone tulle instead. So I'm going to try this. Because the tulle doesn't offer much support, I decided to use clear elastic on the neckline.

The pattern calls for buttonloops. My first buttonloops came out terrible. I'm not sure why. Anyway, I decided to try making monk's cord. I've done it before. It's ridiculously easy and comes out beautifully. This time, I just didn't have any yarns that were the right colors. Either they were too green or too dark. I had no aqua. So I went back to the bias tube, and this time they came out okay. I'm not going to use button loops. Instead I'm going to tack down the bias tube, leaving holes for the buttons.

So I was able to get in a little sewing even tho we had my father's 85th birthday party on Saturday, and my brother and his fiance spent Sunday with us. They are getting married next weekend. Hopefully the top will be done. My daughter adores her Uncle Jack. On Saturday she came bounding into my bedroom, bursting with excitement, "When do we get to see Jack." It was the same thing on Sunday. Jack and Eina will be moving to New Zealand in August. I'm so sad about that. Jack hasn't said this to anyone except Eina, but he thinks they will be there forever. Eina has suggested that they will come back in 10 years. New Zealand is so far away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

My husband and I vacationed for two weeks in New Zealand and loved it. We'd both like to move there but it would be hard to live so far from family. We already live on the opposite coast from everyone but adding another 15 hours to the flight (and not to mention the high ticket cost) would make it impossible for anyone to visit. I'm curious what's drawing your brother to NZ - work? I fantasize about owning a sheep farm in NZ. Like THAT's going to happen though! LOL!

6/21/2004 10:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home