Saturday, May 29, 2004


I cut out a swimsuit from Kwik Sew's Swim and Action Wear Book in May of 2002, just before I learned I was pregnant. Yesterday and today, I finished the suit. This is the only time that I have ever cut something out and not made it up. This suit incorporates modifications based on the toile that I've been using to swim in. Hopefully, this one won't bag in the butt and leave me exposed in front. I plan on swimming in it on Monday.

I tried the triple coverhem stitch to finish the neck, arm, and leg holes. I'd never used it before. I used 2 green threads on the outside and a purple one in the middle. It really helps if you thread your chain looper correctly, but that would be true of all the coverstitches.


Post a Comment

<< Home