Saturday, May 07, 2005

More roses and some sewing

Another rose, for which I have forgotten the name. It's starts with a k. The tag said it was a climber, but I consider it more of a very large rose. It's about 10 feet tall and wide. I tried to get it to climb up on top of the shed in our backyard, but it won't get any taller than 10 feet (3 m). It has glossy, dark green leaves and is disease resistant.

I had a nice Mother's Day. My husband gave me a gift certificate for Joann's and time to go shopping. Then we headed up to my brother's fiance's house for brunch. Esther is a great cook.

Among other things she made the beautiful and delicious desserts pictured above.

I worked a bit on 2 t-shirts. It takes me so long to get anything sewn. It's discouraging.


I am so upset about the chaos in Iraq. I didn't want the US to invade. I get especially upset when I hear about Iraqi civilians. It's not like they have much of a choice about being there or having our military there. I don't care who kills them. Since we are there, forcing our form of government on them, we are responsible for keeping them safe.

Which brings me to Vietnam. April 30th was the 30th anniversary of the fall of Saigon. Of all the shameful things that we did in that work, the abandonment of all of the agents that we used against the north Vietnamese has got to be the worst. It's inexcusable what we did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home