Wednesday, June 01, 2005

ED Survey

Age?: 40
Height?: 5' 7"
Weight?: 204 pounds
Lowest Weight?: 130 pounds
Highest Weigh?: 240 pounds
What weight do you want to weigh?: 150 pounds, but I'll take 195. My hunch is that if I ever get down to 150, I'll want to weigh less. When I was 130 pounds, I wanted to lose 5 more pounds.
What eating disorder do you have?: I have Bulimia.

In Depth

How many calories do you eat in a day, on average?: 2000, but that is only becauase I'm in therapy now, and they told me that if I want to get well, I need to eat at least that much.
Do you throw up your food on occasion?: I tried, but I wasn't very good at it.
Do you want to look like a supermodel/actress?: Not really. I'm 40, and I don't want to look like a young teenager or even like I'm in my early 20s. I want to look my age. I'd like to thin, tho.
Are you in some sort of extracurricular sport, i.e. soccer or track?: Extracurricular? I swim. I ride my bike to work, sometimes. I chase my kids around the playground.
Has anyone ever teased you about your weight?: I don't think so. My mother made some cruel comments about my body.
Have you ever fasted? If so, for how long?: I used to be able to fast for 5 days at a time, but as I've gotten older, I'm unable to do that.
Do you take laxatives to get rid of food/calories?: No.
Are you 'inspired' by models/actresses?: No, besides I know they are airbrushed.
Have you ever been hospitalized for your ED?: NO.
Have you ever ingested Ipecac to induce vomiting?: Yes.
Have you ever tried to recover from your eating disorder?: I'm in therapy.

Body Image Q's

Do you constantly see yourself as fat, even though others say you are not?: I'm more than 50 pounds overweight, so, yes, I see myself as fat. When I was at or below 150 pounds, I didn't think I was fat, but I thought I had fat thighs and tummy.
What part of your body would you change?: I'd have my prepregnancy breasts and tummy.
On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with your body?: 5, it's functional.
Do you judge your value/merit solely on your weight/body?: Not solely, but I'm sure I'd be a better person if I were thin.

Because of your body appearance/weight, have you become severely depressed?: I don't think so, but I was very depressed. I'm on meds, now.
Do you constantly compare your bodies to supermodels/actresses?: Absolutely

Health/Food

Do you think you eat healthy enough?: I try.
Are you morbidly afraid to eat carbs?: Not really, but they can be trigger foods for me.
Fat grams?: I was fat phobic.
Calories?: I count calories.
Are you often tired/fatigued?: Before the SSRI, I was all the time.
Do you feel more energized after eating food?: No.
Do you eat meat?: Yes.
Do people tell you look sick or famished?: No.
Have you ever thrown up blood?: No.
Is your heart bpm above 49?: Yes.
Do you have fainting spells from lack of eating?: No, but I have low blood pressure.

Other Stuff

Do you think the media is at fault for the prevalence of eating disorders?: I think it plays a part
What's your opinion of Pro-Ana?: I'm totally against it. It's a bunch of children whining.
Do you have any other mental disorders? Depression
What's your favorite food to eat?: Donuts and danishes
Favorite drink?: Latte.
Do you often wish you didn't have an ED?: Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home