Monday, March 01, 2004

After "talking" it over with Sherril, I have decided that the cotton/lycra knit is not suitable for the pants. I think I will make them out of a stretch gabardine that I have in the stash.
Burda Plus Spring 2004 pegged
straight skirt for knit fabrics
Burda Plus Spring 2003 pants
in stretch fabric
KS 2565 Kwik Sew 3055
I found the instructions in the Burda Plus magazine to be very confusing. I had to get out another skirt pattern with a back vent for the instructions. I was thinking the problem is that the pattern calls for a lining, and I'm not using one. However, I couldn't figure out to sew the back vent, and the lining doesn't come down that far. I put away my knit and got out the stretch cotton gabardine. I pin fit the pattern. It's a good thing that I traced the 50 instead of the 48 because I had to let out the side seams 1 inch. The front crotch length is good for me, but I need to add to the back crotch length. I serged a shoulder. I like to use clear elastic to stablize the shoulders. Long sleeved t-shirt: I serged a shoulder. I like to use clear elastic to stablize the shoulders.
New Look 6959 OOP Burda 8841 OOP?
The skirt is finished except for the hem. I waiting to thread the serger for coverstitch until I have a big pile that needs it. 2 t-shirts and 1 pair of shorts: I interfaced the shoulders. This pattern calls for snaps in the shoulders, and the knit needs something more substantial to support the snaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home