Thursday, April 08, 2004

Well, so much for not buying more fabric. I met a friend from Pattern Review in Oakland on Tuesday. We went to Poppy Fabric, and I found a funky, cotton/lycra twill stripe fabric and coordinating Día de los Muertos fabrics. Then it was off to Stone Mountain & Daughter. Well, we stopped and fortified ourselves with Japanese food before taking the Stone Mountain plunge. I was able to resist until we went upstairs to the clearance fabrics. They had some polyester mesh knits. One was a border print with scenes from India. They had 2 colorways, but the blue was really cool. I had to buy a pattern to go with it, too. I wanted to make a t-shirt dress, but all my patterns have a seam up the back and a back vent. I wanted one with one front piece and one back piece to better show off the fabric. I picked Neue Mode S22690. All in all, not bad.

Then, my son got sick with hand, foot, and mouth disease. I was feeling sorry for myself, yesterday, being stuck home with a very needy, sick toddler. I put him in the sling, and we went shopping. Joann's had a shipment in of linen/rayon novelty stripe fabric, just what I was looking for for a big over shirt. The silkies were on sale, and I helped myself to 2 jacquards, dragonflies on black and butterflies on pink. I found an orange and pink plaid cotton/linen/lycra in the clearance section. Oh, well.


New Look 6106, View B
I haven't had a chance to sew much. I marked this top, fused interfacing to the back facing, and sewed the back facing to the back. I was going to sew the shoulders. Fortunately, I realized that I had not sewn the darts. I did this on another t-shirt, and it's a lot easier to sew the darts before attaching the front to the back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home