Wednesday, November 10, 2004

DH's Sweatshirt, 2nd Try

You can see the last attempt in the image to the right. That was an L. This time, I cut an M, but I'm concerned that this will be too big in the neck, too. An M is only slightly smaller in the neck than an L. I cut out the M with the length of the L, and I altered the arms to be the correct length this time (I hope). I'm using some polyester fleece from Joann's. It's bulkier than I thought when I bought it. I don't really remember what I thought when I bought it, other than it was cheap and an acceptable color, navy, for him. He's not that finicky, but I don't think he wanted the pink floral that I have in my stash.

Once again, I'm left with 1/2 yard. I found a pattern in the Ottobre magazine for a jogging jacket like was fashionable in 1978ish. Are those babies cute or what? Tony is in the largest size, and the view without a hood only needs a 1/2 yard.

I do like Deb C's suggestion of the underware for the 1/2 yard of cotton knit, but alas, I'm still working on the fitting toile for Kwik Sew 2529 now discontinued. It would probably work well for that. Once it's TNT, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home