Friday, November 05, 2004

What to do with 1/2 yard of cotton jersey?

I made myself a promise that I wouldn't put any small pieces of fabric back in the stash after I cut out the primary garment. After I cut out my t-shirt, I had approximately 1/2 yd of 60" fabric left over. It's really not enough to make anything for my kids except for a skirt or tanktop for Goosey. Goosey doesn't wear a lot of tank tops or short skirts in the winter, so I'm not wild about making one for her right now. I have a doll clothes pattern for knits, and it's okay. The shirts have snaps on the shoulders, and I'd really rather make the shirts with the overlapping shoulders like on real baby clothes. I think that would be even easier to Goosey to get on and off the babies than the snaps. And that brings me to the baby top that I could make instead. In one of my Ottobre magazines, they have a pattern for baby shirts with the overlapping shoulders. There are no babies around or on-the-way, right now, but it might be nice to have a stock of them for the next one. And I'd learn how to do the overlapping shoulders. Decisions, decisions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about undies with the 1/2 yd left over? This is my first "appearance" here, but I love reading your blog. :-) --Debbie C

11/06/2004 11:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home