Monday, November 08, 2004

Coverstitch & Stonemountain

I like to wait until I have 2 or 3 items requiring coverstitch before I switch over on my Elnal 744. When I do, it's WHAM,BAM,THANK YOU, MA'AM or serger, as the case may be, and all of a sudden, I have 2 or 3 new articles of clothing. I finished Kwik Sew 3222, and I'm wearing it today. I'll review it soon, but I decided I need to wear the item before reviewing it. What seems so wonderful when I first put on a new garment often pales after wearing it for several hours. I finished Kwik Sew 2565 out of the rayon-lycra knit. It's pretty heavy. The fabric is so soft that, even tho it has a horizontal stripe, I couldn't resist it.

I even worked on Kwik Sew 2529 which has been languishing in the to-do pile since May.

I started cutting out another sweatshirt for DH. Goosey threw-up in her bed around 9 pm last night. It's quite an adrenalin rush, so I couldn't go to sleep after that. I can't run the machinery if I expect Boobla and Goosey to sleep.

I couldn't work on the t-shirt for the Pattern Review plus sized November sew along (PRPSNSA?) because I did a test serge, and the off-white thread is just too visible. I don't really have anything matching, so it's off to Joann's I go.

Tonight is Fashion Fabric Extravaganza with Sandra Betzina! at Stonemountain & Daughter in Berkeley. I can't wait. I get to see Jennifer, again, and meet Tamtay. Fun! Fun!

I'm takig that style class with Heather Klauss. I'd put in a link and check my spelling, but her site isn't working for me right now. I'm eagerly awaiting my catalogs which don't seem to be coming. Where are my catalogs?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of serger do you have? What do you like about it?

11/08/2004 07:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home