Thursday, May 20, 2004

Gads! May is crazy!

What a month! I can't believe it's the 20th already. My son was sick with a 104F fever for a week. My husband happened to be on travel at the same time. I was exhausted. Of course, that's why I had children. I wanted all of this to happen.

So I haven't had much time for sewing. I did manage to finish the gift bag for my mom e-mail list Mother's Day exchange. It came out very well, thank you, and the recipient is pleased with it. Overall I liked the bag pattern by Cindy Taylor Oates, and the instructions were excellent. However, I didn't like the way she has you put the top on. She uses a very wide binding, too wide for my tastes, and I think it looks sloppy. If I make another one, I'll use a different technique to attach the top.

In Process:

  • Kwik Sew 3028 - The sleeves are too long. I shortened one, and it wasn't enough. So I want to wait until DH can try it on to set the sleeve length. I didn't have enough material to make a neckband, so I used some cream colored ribbing. DH is very pleased with the color combination of olive green and cream. His chest is 41.5, so I made him a large. It's very loose on him. He said he doesn't think that I should cut the windpro version any larger. I don't think he understands how much of a difference the much heavier windpro fabric will make. This one is out of a light sweatshirt or heavy t-shirt knit. I haven't decided if I'm going to cut the seam allowances any larger on the windpro one or not.
  • New Look 6898 is waiting for me to do some topstitching before moving forward.
  • Kwik Sew 3028 - I traced & cut this last night. I cut the front crotch length by 2 inches. I'll probably have to cut off even more. I added 2 inches to the leg length. I'm using white powerdry which has more than 25% stretch. Hopefully, this will be a good chafe guard. I hope the legs are long enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home