Monday, June 28, 2004

Busy

I almost finished Burda 8665. The presser foot lift is broken again on my serger, so I couldn't coverstich the hems.

There were 2 problems ... well, at least 2 problems, with that burda magazine pattern.

  1. I chose the pattern in a size too big. I'm a 44 not a 46 on top.
  2. The fabric was too crisp. The pattern needed a very drapey fabric.
The linen/rayon burnout is working out nicely for Burda 8665.

I started on the tops from Simplicity 5633 OOP. The pattern calls for a facing. I've been reading Sewing Secrets From the Fashion Industry, and that book recommends replacing all your facings with bias binding. Naturally, I'm out of fabric to do this for these tops. It was the excuse I needed to place an order with The Sewing Place for some white batiste, 2 neue mode patterns, and the fasturn set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home