The recipient of this bag suggested green, navy, and black as her preferred colors. She's the second person to request green, and I'm starting to run out of green scraps (time to shop!). So I used blues beyond navy. The center patch is a polyester stretch burnout panne from Joann's last year (see t-shirt to the left). I don't usually use knit fabrics for crazy patch. They are too unstable to support the embellishment process even when backed with muslin. If I could remember things for more than 2 seconds, I would have interfaced this fabric before using it. Alas, I did not. On this side, it didn't matter so much because there isn't much embellishment on the panne.
I really like the way the tulle appliques came out. I used a decorative stitch along one side the attach them. If I do this again, I must remember to embellish the seams BEFORE doing the applique. You can hardly tell, even in person and upon close examination, but the seam embellishments go over the appliques.