Thursday, December 09, 2004

No Sewing

We finally finished decorating the tree. My kids love to move the ornaments around. I have this one that is a xmas troll with a hook in his head. Chungita just loves it. Maybe she'll get one in her stocking.

Does anyone else have a love-hate relationship with Martha? My feelings are a mix of: Martha is the anti-christ, and I want to be Martha. Or maybe I want to be the anti-christ of domesticity? Anyway ...

I read in some home decorating magazine, probably not by Martha, that "designers" get that opulent look on xmas trees by wrapping the lights around the individual branches instead of in big loops around the tree. This is the second year that I've done that, and I really like the result. It takes a lot more lights, and it's a lot more work. And it's easier to do on an artificial tree that is built up layer by layer from the bottom. You wrap each layer before adding the next. The first time I did it, I assembled the tree first. I was 8 months pregnant, too, so that may be why I remember it being so much harder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home