Monday, December 13, 2004

Just as Catty as the Next Person

In the style class that I'm taking from My Sewing Classes*, Heather Claus asked us to

"Pick one to three women or men whose style (or lack) really stand out to you. Examine what they look like, and determine what their looks communicate to you."

And there is one woman that stands out in my memory from this weekend. I didn't read my e-mail over the weekend, so I will have to rely on my memory. Anyway, we went to a party, and there was a woman there that I've only seen dressed in her professional attire. Well, she was dressed very differently that night. And I'm ashamed to say that the first thought that popped into my head was "Well, you certainly are a floozy, aren't you?" I suppose the difference between me and women who get off on dissing about how others are dressed is that I'm ashamed of my reaction and I absolutely hate that I thought that. She should be able to dress how ever she wants with no one judging her for it. She should be able to express her sexuality in whatever manner she wants, and she should be able to be a blatent about it (or not) as she chooses. People were dressed in a wide variety of fomalities for this party. Some of the little girls were wearing "black tie" formals, and some of the adults were dressed very casually. I'm in favor of allowing people to dress as casually or as formally as they desire. I think that people's style should dictate how they dress, not the function. I know I'm out of step with others on this, but I really do think if a person is a casual person, they should dress that way. Or if someone is formal, they should be able to wear heels and hose to a little league game.

*This class is still a BIG disappointment. I haven't learned anything. Maybe I wasn't as clueless about my own style and how to dress as others who signed up for this class.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now here's a catty remark. Anything involved with Heather is like to be disappointing. She seems to lose interest and doesn't focus on what she is doing. Talks better than she walks.

12/15/2004 01:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home