Instead of working on the various projects that I have cut out and ready to go, I decided to alter patterns. The jean jacket was a learning experience. The front of the jacket has a yoke above the breasts and 3 panels running vertically from the yoke to the waist. I think the middle panel should be centered over the apex of the breast, so that defined my alteration, but I couldn't figure this out without first pinning the pieces together and doing a regular full bust alteration (FBA) on the 4 pieces pinned together. So instead of princess seams, I attacked the alteration like it was for a top with 2 vertical waist darts. I pinned the pieces together and traced them (again!) as one big pattern piece. I worked thru the alteration without giving it any thought, just like always. :) When I pinned it back on Buttina, the center panel was indeed centered on the apex, and I was able to see that what I needed was a princess seam side adjustment that could be done entirely in the side-front piece. It wasn't like it was obvious at that point. I had to study FFRP several times before I had it figured out. When I pinned the final version onto Buttina, it looked pretty good. We shall see.
I won't be able to work on them for a while. I participate in a gift exchange every year on my moms' e-mail list, and I signed up to make a bag for one of the moms.