Monday, March 21, 2005

Decades of Style Fashion Show at Walnut Creek ASG

decadesOfStyle1 Decades of Style They are working on their website.

Do I remember anything about the dress to the left? No. It looked fabulous on her. It was black. I played with the contrast a little, hoping to bring out some details. It didn't work well, but it's a little better. The neckline is draped, but she used tucks instead of gathering it, very creative and inspiring.

To the right are "Kitchen Pajamas" from the 1930s. I was so intent on seeing them that I forgot to take pictures. They are a jumpsuit which wraps around the back. They have straight legs and cap sleeves. Very cute.
IMG_1651 IMG_1652 This is a hobble skirt from the early 20th century. It has interesting side drapey fabric things. She left a slit in the side so that she could walk. I forget all details about the jacket.
IMG_1655 IMG_1656 This incredible suit is from the '50s. It's just lovely. There is a swag hanging down from the jacket. The jacket has a peplum. The hat is a vintage hat and inspired the color choice for the fabric.

They also modeled a kimono jacket from the 1920s. I forgot to take pictures. I'm sorry my memory of the show isn't better. The pneumonia makes me kinda fuzzy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home