Friday, April 22, 2005

Stupid Blogger Ate My Post

Low Self-Esteem

I've always been puzzled by the idea that an eating disorder is rooted in low self esteem. I never thought I had low self esteem. I'm smart, I'm accomplished, I'm athletic, and while I don't know that I think I'm particularly attractive, I do not think that I'm unattractive. I'm certainly not modest.

Yesterday, I gave a presentation on some work that I'd done. I thought I'd done a half-assed job. It got a lot of praise. I was surprised. I remember back in undergrad, I wrote a term paper in one weekend. I thought I'd done a half-assed job. I got an A- on it. Instead of accepting the outside validation, I thought that the other papers must have been piss-poor. I'm thinking that that is my issue with low self esteem.

Yankee English

Your Linguistic Profile:

75% General American English
10% Upper Midwestern
5% Dixie
5% Midwestern
5% Yankee

Broken Camera

I learned that the Canon digital cameras are infamous, yet unknown to me, for the "E18" error message. This error message appears when the lens get stuck and won't extend (in my case) or retract. A lot of people on the 'web have complained about this. My husband bought me this camera and the extended warrenty, so he's going to go to Good Guys and (try to) make them replace it. I would recommend staying away from Canon digital cameras.

ED Stuff I went swimming today, 37 minutes!

I'm supposed to journalling my food. Am I doing that?

I've been weighing myself every day, and it's made a huge difference. I'm not anxious that I'm gaining 10 pounds in a week. Now, if I would just write in my food journal, ...

Sewing None. Well, I decided to break my rule that once I get out some fabric that it all must be cut and made into something. I just couldn't get into the leftover nylon knit stuff, so I put it away. I still had about 1 and 1/3 yards, so it's not like it's a little cut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home