Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Wow, it's been a while since I could sew. I did manage a trip to Joann's to get a french curve to help me fit my straight skirt. Naturally, I came home with 8 yards of fabric. At least, it's really cool fabrc, a rayon-linen blend with transparent burnout spots. It's very pretty, and I got it in 2 different prints. It's sitting in my serge-edges-before-prewashing pile.
KS 2788: I used the french curve to estimate the curve from my full hip to waist. I had to let out the skirt a couple of inches at the side to accomodate my sit-spread, but I had to take in the waist a about an inch. I thought I traced the same section of the french curve onto my skirt on both sides, but when I basted it together, the two sides weren't the same. Fortunately, one was perfect. I copied that side onto my pattern and from the pattern, onto the other side of the skirt. I don't know what I was thinking when I made the waistband pattern piece bigger. I know my waist is smaller than Kwik Sew's. I cut the waistband pieces down to the original size. I've had problems in the past with my waistbands being too small for my clothes (ie the pattern pieces not fitting), so I didn't alter the waistband piece. I can do that easily later on in the construction process.
Simplicity 7071: I sewed the shoulder seams for the bodice and bodice self lining.


Post a Comment

<< Home