Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Fabric Stash

A few months ago, I went thru my fabric stash and wrote up index cards with a little swatch of fabric, fabric name, purchase place, fabric content, width, and yardarge, plus notes on shrinkage, dye running, my intention when I bought it (if I can remember), and what I might have used it for previously. I put all my little cards in recipe boxes. Well, I was at the drugstore with my daughter, and I saw these little binders for index cards. So I have to go back thru the index cards and punch holes in them which means that I, usually, have to move the little swatch of fabric. Last night, I went thru the silks and polyesters, getting them ready to be put into a little binder.

My son slept very poorly last night. The swimming pool is closed until further notice. My serger presser foot is broken (again!). I'm having a hard time concentrating at work, so I'm typing this instead.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been using those little binders for months. I love them! I have one for knits, and one for wovens. Though I could really use another one for knits, as that little binder is seriously overstuffed ... Tip -- alternate placing the fabric swatch at the bottom and top of the card, and the card lay flatter that way ...

6/29/2004 02:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home