DH tried on his sweatshirt and liked it very much. The medium fits much better. He liked the unhemmed lengths, so I used woolly nylon on the edges to finish them instead of folding back a hem and coverstitching. I should point out that this fleece is a double layer fleece, so it's rather thick/bulky. I think the pattern is drafted for a heavier weight fabric which is one reason that this version fits better. But the large would have been too large in any weight fabric. Oh, and I used the same fleece for the neckband. It had sufficient stretch.
Pulgito's jogging jacket is almost done. Assembled the stripes on the sleeves look much better than they do when the jacket was in pieces. I've very pleased. I need to get a zipper to finish it. Another trip to Joann's; maybe they won't have any new fabric.