Monday, December 20, 2004

The other side of the purse

Were you wondering if I was going to share the other side of the purse? I've been so busy. Chungita has been sick with a tummy bug. We celebrated my birthday this weekend. I'm 40, today. Anyway, I celebrated on Saturday with DH, Chungita, and Pulgito. They gave me an espresso machine which I LOVELOVELOVE. On Sunday, we got all dressed up and drove into Oakland to meet my family at Kincaid's. Kincaid's used to be my favotire restaurant, and this time it was okay, but not great, kinda salty. The last time, it was just awful, but I had totally forgotten that. Right when the soup and salad arrived, Chungita threw up on DH. He had managed to get her away from the table, so she threw up on the floor and on him. So we ended up leaving early. I remind myself that it was to experience things like this that I had children. I didn't get any sewing done this weekend.

I started this side of the bag with the same burnout panne as on the other side. On this side, in addition to the unstable stretchy panne problems, I had problems with a polyester silky fabric. I didn't have trouble with it on the other side. I think the difference is that on the other side, it was an interior fabric; that is, it was sewn down on all 4 sides. On this side, it was at the edge. I had terrible problems with it bagging. I don't know if I stretched it or what. Note to self: interface this sort of fabric before using for crazy patch.

I used decorative stitches on the seams. On one seam, I sewed down a wide velvet ribbon. It looks like another bit of the patchwork. On top of everything I couched yarns and threads. I used to really like this look, but I think I'm ready to move on to something new.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that Daddy Pres. Bush threw up on the prime minister of Japan during a fancy banquet. Your little one was being politically correct.

12/20/2004 01:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home