Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Laptop

So I bought a new laptop, and now all I want to do is play with the new laptop. No sewing is getting done. I did try to transfer an embroidery design from the laptop to my embroidery machine, and that's when I discovered that it doesn't have a serial port. The embroidery design was a very simple label: Oaktree Originals. I'm making a baby shirt with scraps of cotton jersey, and I don't know what it's going to be for. It might be for Figment, my brother's baby, or it might be for something else. The pattern is from Ottombre. It has the overlapping shoulders, so that a tired parent doesn't have to fuss with snaps or other closure on a wiggly baby. Been there; done that! It's hard to tell the front from the back, and I figured a label would be the best thing for that. I serged the binding/neckband to the front and back and hemmed the front, back, and sleeves. I want to put the label in BEFORE assembling the shirt. I guess I'm going to have to go to Radio Shack to get a USB to serial converter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home