Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Granny Visit

Since I've been complaining about having MIL visit for 2 weeks, I thought I'd show you what she looks like. She's playing with Chungita. They are pretending to make and eat soup made from Chungita's button collection.

This morning, at the last minute, DH told me that I didn't have to go to Tahoe with them! I was stunned. Then I asked if he was sure. He said he would rather I spend the day with his family on Friday (I was going to work) than go to Tahoe and sit with the kids at the hotel while his family skied. So, of course, I said, "OK." They left this morning and won't be back until Thursday. Can you believe it? I haven't been alone for this long in years.

On the eating front, I think I figured out why I was out of control. It wasn't that MIL & SILs were visiting. I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to control my eating while we were at Tahoe and that we would be eating out A LOT while they were here. I was so stressed out about that that I couldn't cope and my eating got out of control. A self fulfilling prophecy for sure. I, also, think I'm about to get my period.



It was so weird. Once I realized what was going on in my head, I calmed right down. So the binge ended last night. And this morning the miracle happened.

So what's new with the sewing stuff? Last night I used my 180E to do some test buttonholes instead of the trusty old 1001. The buttonholes from the 1001 aren't very good because the satin stitching is too close together. I couldn't cut the hole without cutting some of the stitching. I learned a 2 pass method where you stitch a buttonhole, cut it, and stitch it again. I really like the finish on the 2 pass buttonhole. The edges of the buttonhole are wrapped with thread. It's a much cleaner finish than just cutting after a 2 pass buttonhole.

However, the 180E does several different buttonholes, and I thought the one with the pointy end might be more interesting than a regular buttonhole. The test buttonholes looked fine except that they have those little pokeys of thread from the cut fabric instead of a clean, thread wrapped edge. What to do, what to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home