Saturday, July 10, 2004

Duct Tape Doubles

It was so easy. Sure, it took us about 2 hours per person, including checking the instructions and a lunch break, but it was really, really easy. I highly recommend it. You can even see my belly button! We used dry cleaners bags, instead of t-shirts, and we added a grocery store veggie bag to get neck detail.

Last night I hung my DTD on the dress form. I bought an old dress form that goes up to my size, but I never could get it adjusted correctly, and the boobs were too small. After hanging the DTD and puffing it out, I considered naming her Boobzilla, but my butt is really big! I decided that Buttina was a better name for her.

I taped some plastic across the bottom and started stuffing it with some polyester fiberfill between the DTD and the dressform. It seems I stuffed Buttina too full; she exploded during the night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those dressforms came out great! You've inspired me to try this technique.
-Gillian

7/12/2004 03:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm inspired. I never thought I'd want to do this, but seeing yours ... Thanks! Beth H

7/16/2004 10:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home