Wednesday, August 11, 2004

It's so hot.

The forcast was for a high of 96F/36C, but it's 101F/39C. The temperatures are still rising. And we still have no A/C!!! Sewing is out of the question ... like I'd have time.

We took the kiddos swimming in our neighbors pool last night. Goosey is getting really good at swimming. She can't stroke freestyle and breathe yet, but I think she'll learn that one soon. That's pretty darn good for a 4 year old. Boobla is a wildman at the pool. You've got to keep your eye on him because he will launch himself off the steps with no warning. He's gotten so good at putting his face in the water that he can pick up rings off the steps. They both love the water.

I went swimming today at lunch. It was hot enough for me to get sweaty walking to the car, but it was really nice in the pool. I swam for about 40 minutes before my form deteriorated from muscle exhaustion. That's better than I was expecting since I haven't swum in several weeks.

My darling little brother and his wonderful wife arrive tomorrow (I think). They are going to be here for 2 weeks. Yippee! But then they are off to New Zealand. :( I only have 3 days of vacation left for this FY. It's a good thing that we can go 2 weeks into the hole.


Please, check the Amber Alert in the next post. The little boy has been missing for more than a day, and I cry when I think of what he and his father are going thru.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home