Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Pumpkins


Pumpkins
Originally uploaded by neefer.
On the way home from Half Moon Bay, we stopped at a pumpkin patch on Hwy 92 (just after turning off of 1). They had the best variety of pumpkin types that I have ever seen. There wasn't much else at the patch besides the pumpkins, just a very simple hay bale maze. Usually, we go to a patch that has pony rides and stuff for the kids, but this spot was so much fun for me that I think we're going to skip the pony rides in the future.

In addition to the variety, the farmer had spread out pumpkins in a field so that it felt like you were actually tromping thru a pumpkin patch with live vines and picking the pumpkin off the vine.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of them. I certainly can't carve all of them for Halloween, but maybe I'll save them and carve a couple for Thanksgiving and Xmas (if they last that long).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home