Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Peony by Diane Ericson

This is the Peony Vest by Diane Ericson from this month's ASG presentation by Jane Foster. I haven't been enamoured of this pattern, but it looked really great on this sewist. I can't say that I care for the ones in the Peony Gallery at DE's website. I'm still not sure it's for me, but I like it more than I did.

My pneumonia is almost gone. I'm still coughing every once in a while. I have 2 more days on the antibiotic.

On the gardening front, I managed to spray with Round-Up between the storms. Obviously, I'm not anti-herbicide. My neighbor has a torch gizmo that he uses to burn the weeds to death. I might look into this once the Round-Up is all gone. Mostly, I prefer mechanical methods (ie hand weeding) for weed control, but I don't know how to get the long rooted ones out of the walkway. I can pull off the tops, but there's no way to get a purchase on the roots, so the roots keep growing, and the weed comes back.

The jeans are almost finished. I need to add the waistband and hem the legs. I think I stretched the fabric when I was topstitching the crotch seam. I've got ugly wrinkles radiating from the point where the fly topstiching meets the crotch seam topstitching. I might try ripping it out and restitching. I dunno. I backstitched, so it's not going to be an easy repear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home